Sunday, May 1, 2011

74 days and counting...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am the world's biggest Harry Potter buff. I've read the books many, many times, I have several copies of each book (including several collector's editions and a set that has never been opened in a chest), I have the movies (several of which I can recite word for word), I've seen several of the movies on opening day at IMAX theaters, I have merchandise (including t-shirts and realistic wands), I've been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, I have plans to see Daniel Radcliff's show How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying on Broadway this summer, I have Harry Potter piano music on my iPod, I hold HP week-long movie marathons in this summer... the list goes on. I think I made my point.

Harry Potter came into my life when I was just seven years old. My father had never wanted me to read the story, even though I had pleaded with him from the time I could pick up a book and fully understand it. However, when I hit second grade, my mother bought me the first book at the school book fair (without the consent of my father) and I did not put it down. We later told my father. At that point in time, he had no choice to agree. With time, he realized it was not the story of witchcraft he believed it to be. He's even watched the movies! I continued to read the series through time, although I had to wait for a bit for some of the books-- when I started reading, only the first four book were actually written. During my wait, I ended up reading the first four books about 20 odd times, and I still continue to reread today.

I credit Harry with my love of reading. I truly believe that if he had not come into my life, I would not be the avid reader I am today. So I owe a great deal to both him and J.K. Rowling. But my story is not the reason for this post! The real reason I'm writing is to share with you the latest trailer for The Deathly Hallows Part 2! It seriously gave me goose bumps. I cannot wait. For the first time, I WILL be attending a midnight showing. At an IMAX theater, no less! Mark your calendars girls and boys, July 15th is 74 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment