Friday, April 8, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day!

A few days back, I posted that I will be venturing to New York City to see "Jersey Boys," a Tony-award winning musical on Broadway, with the music department at my school. Well, tomorrow is finally the big day! I'm really excited. The last time I was in New York for a show was about a year ago, and I am itching to get up there! I used to dream of living in the city, with all the lights and life, but not so much anymore. Although I don't want to live there anymore, I still love to go there every chance I can; there's just something about the city that keeps me coming back. I love the atmosphere, the sights, the sounds, and I love the feeling of losing myself-- the feeling of being someone other than a small-town girl for the day (please, no "Don't Stop Believing" references). Tomorrow will be such a great day. I'm glad I get to spend it with such great people.

So, here's the schedule. Tomorrow morning, I will be reluctantly rolling out of bed at 3:45 am (EW). Not looking forward to that part. My mom (who is also coming) and I will be on the bus at around 5:30 and pulling out with the rest of the kids not too long after that. We're stopping for breakfast about an hour into the journey, then back on the road until we see the city skyline. There's no lunch for us (sadly), but mom and I are packing our own food for the bus. Then the walking starts. I'm so hoping the weather will be agreeable; I've been checking the Weather Channel constantly for NYC weather because I want to wear my new skirt and not freeze!

I don't know much about the show-- in fact, I know nothing at all. I have a little research to do so I can share the wealth and make a new post.

This is the last show my school's music department will go to-- since the school's in the district are combining next year, this is it. I am proud to say I've been on every trip. They started my freshmen year with Les Miserables and they will end with Jersey Boys. The Phantom of the Opera and The Lion King fell in between. I got lucky and was able to attend all four. This is a great way to mark the start of the end of my senior year. Tomorrow is going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment