Thursday, February 17, 2011

Can it really be time already? It sure is: Production 2011

Finally, the time is here.

Every February, the drama club at my school gets ready to shine.  Production usually runs in the last week of February, but it was moved up a week this year. And that week, is, in fact, this week.  I know I speak for the entire cast and crew when I say anxiety levels are currently through the roof.  Tonight is dress rehearsal; everyone gets out of class at 1:30 and we will all be here indefinitely (Yuck).  Stress is running me into the ground (when you're x amount of assignments behind in calc class with a test set for the beginning of next week with no time to catch up, this is what happens) and I'm hoping to catch a break here soon.  But for right now, I'm just trying to live in the moment, and enjoy the last performance of my high school career.  The last performance at my high school.  Ever.

The play is a showcase with many small skits.  My skits are Blithe Spirit (I play Ruth, the wife of a man who's dead ex-wife has come back to haunt him and torture me [it's great!]), Mama, Look Sharp from 1776 (I play one of three mama's and we all serenade our dying sons) and Cool, Cool Men from the same show (I get to be a man!).  The last two are musical numbers.  SO MUCH FUN!

It will be fun.  It will also be crazy, frustrating and beyond chaotic, but above all, it will be fun.  If you're in the area, come check it out.  Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for kids at the door.  Friday and Saturday, 7:30 PM.

Be there, or be square.

No comments:

Post a Comment