Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rock of Ages: Coming Soon!

I love Broadway. I think I've made that obvious through the course of this blog. The one thing I hate about Broadway is the amount of cash I have to fork over just to see one show. My list of shows I want to see continuously  grows, but the amount of cash in my wallet doesn't grow to meet those wants. So when I heard the show Rock of Ages will be made into a movie in the near future, I died a little on the inside. Former pro dancer from Dancing with the Stars, Julianne Hough, will be joining the cast as Sherrie, a small-town girl who moves to L.A. in order to follower her dreams to become an actress. She will be joined by Tom Cruise, who will play Stacee Jaxx, the "charming but arrogant" star who takes a liking to Sherrie. This particular show consists mainly of hits from 80's bands such as Bon Jovi, Styx, and Twisted Sister. Filming is scheduled to start in May.

Rock of Ages has been on my list of shows to see for quite some time now. It gives me great pleasure to think that I'll have the opportunity to do so without spending a small fortune to get myself to NYC and buy tickets for the show. All I'll need is the money for gas and a movie ticket (granted, neither of these are cheap anymore, but they're certainly cheaper than option 1). Movies like this present the opportunity for people who can't afford Broadway tickets to see the same show. Hopefully it will bring some culture to this area, as it is not an area that appreciates theater (for the most part, that is). I'm excited for the premiere. Hopefully you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment