Sunday, March 13, 2011

I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.

If there's something strange        If there's something weird       
in your neighborhood                 and it don't look good 

Who ya gonna call?                   Who ya gonna call?
GHOST BUSTERS!                  GHOST BUSTERS!

I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.


Are YOU afraid of ghosts? If you've ever seen Ghost Busters, then I'm sure you've realized the ghosts these men are busting really aren't that scary. I got on a kick recently; I had never seen the movie until this very weekend and now I'm currently watching it for the second time. It is a cheesy as can be, but I have to give them some credit; as far as lame 80's effects go, these aren't the worst I've seen. And when a movie has a theme song as awesome as Ghost Busters', it makes it all worth it. 

The original Ghost Busters debuted in 1984, and the second followed in 1989. While doing a little research today, I found that a third might soon follow. It's only been rumored, although a script definitely has been written. Bill Murray just isn't too excited for a third production, which is why he refuses to read this script. This is why nothing has happened yet. But, if these people can make the duo of movies into a trilogy, more power to them. Honestly, I'd love to see what they can do with the effects and technology of today. 

So if you've never seen GB, check it out. If you're nerdy like me, you're bound to get at least a few laughs out of it. And even if you're not, you can still get a cheap laugh from how awful the effects are. 

In the meantime, check out Ray Parker, Jr.'s video. You'll get an idea of what I mean by "awful." Even the music video is bad! But the song is so darn catchy.



No comments:

Post a Comment