Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hollywood has Lost Its Originality

Ever noticed that in the opening credits of almost every movie released today the words “based on such-and-such” are present?  Believe me, I have.  More and more movies have lost the originality factor: something (if not everything) is based on the plot of another story, whether it be a book, a TV show, or another movie.  Even TV shows have followed this pattern.  (Really, how many CSIs does the world really need?)  Has Hollywood truly run out of ideas? Or have they become lazy? I found out just recently that a new Spider-Man movie is coming out.  Not a continuation of the trilogy, but a whole new movie with completely different actors.  Now, I have to admit, I love Spider-Man, but I don’t think it’s necessary to start a whole new series of movies, especially when the first three were so excellent.  Come on, Hollywood, can’t we just have some new material?

No comments:

Post a Comment